Meet Wilson!


Hi! My name is Wilson. I will be traveling to Wisconsin on March 6. I would love to have a family waiting for me when I arrive.
Please read my entire biography for all the information the rescuers have about me and how to adopt me!
Wilson and his siblings were dumped at a ranch house that is basically abandoned, locked up in a fenced area, and left there. He and his siblings broke free and locals helped to find fosters for these pups Wilson just over a year old, about 40 lbs., and shy at first. But, once he gets to know you he is happy and outgoing. His foster family says he knows basic commands and does well on the leash with walks. He rides in the car well and is crate trained. Wilson is not an excessive barker. He is used to being fed separately, as we have instructed all fosters to feed the dogs separately.
For a fellow with a rough start he has done well and is looking for a family to call his own. We tried to cat test Wilson and he ran from the cat. Some people say I am part plott hound and greyhound, and others say I am mixed with Cur. I just know I am dog who wants a family. I am working on being housetrained and doing ok so far.
Our process includes an approved application, reference checks, a homevisit and a meet and greet. Please note that preference is given to adopters in Wisconsin, but out of state adoptions will be considered. Adoption fee is $250.