Meet Sophia!



Hi! My name is Sophia. I will be traveling to Wisconsin on March 6. I would love to have a family waiting for me when I arrive. I am a lab retriever mix. 
Please read my entire biography for all the information the rescuers have about me and how to adopt me!
On February 13th, Lola's Lucky Day volunteers were at the Harris County Shelter. One of the volunteers brought Lola's founder and president to a room that had the door closed; so no one would really get to see these dogs. In the corner kennel there sat a small little black dog. It was 3:30pm and her card was folded over, which meant she was going to be euthanized. They decided then and there, that wasn't going to happen. So they grabbed her and asked for an extension while we networked her. She was so tiny and her tail would not stop wagging as they held her. They gave her a bath and she was so good and wouldn't stop wagging that tail. She was a complete love bug!!
It turns out that Sophia had been adopted from BARC, another shelter in Houston earlier this year. However, when the adopters decided they didn't want her anymore, she was dumped at this shelter. Sophia is about 10 months old, spayed, UTD on shots and ready to go. She loves people, kids, and other dogs. She is very petite in size and isn't expected to get much bigger. She is a total sweetheart and will make any family happy!
Sophia has not yet been cat tested, but can be upon request.
Our process includes an approved application, reference checks, a homevisit and a meet and greet. Please note that preference is given to adopters in Wisconsin, but out of state adoptions will be considered. Adoption fee is $250.